Abu Dhabi Weather

Friday, October 8, 2010


In applying for graduate school, it only recently occurred to me that I need to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). This is definitely something that I should have thought of in advance. It is a test that required by most American graduate programs and is produced by the American standardized test company, ETS. For ETS tests abroad, there are typically only a couple of testing centers per country giving tests other than the TOIEC and TOEFL. Luckily for me, there is a sitting of the test coming up in about two weeks in the middle of the work week. The testing center is in a building attached to the college I teach at. It's about a five-minute walk from my desk.

This is the second time that this has happened to me. When I lived in Japan, there were only two testing centers that gave the PRAXIS test for teaching licenses and I taught at one of them. Now all I have to do is find someone to teach my classes while I'm in a room a couple of hundred meters away taking a test.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your share! I think this information is helpful for everyone. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.